Most facility managers are familiar with Green Seal certified cleaning supplies and paper products, but many are unaware that hand cleaners can also earn the eco-friendly certification. Just like those created for paper and other janitorial products, Green Seal standards for hand washes are based on comprehensive life-cycle research and guarantee that the products are environmentally preferred.
Hand washes that earn the prestigious Green Seal certification must meet these and other strict standards:
- The product must be free of halogenated organic solvents, phosphates, ethylene diaminetetra-acetic acid, butoxy-ethanol and nitrilotriacetic acid.
- Packaging must be made with post-consumer recycled content.
- If the hand washes contain dyes, they must be food grade dyes.
- Hand washes must not be toxic to aquatic life and must be readily biodegradable.
- Products should only contain a limited amount of volatile organic compounds.
We are proud to carry a large variety of Green Seal certified products, including hand washes. Betco’s Green Earth Lotion Skin Cleanser is one of our best Green Seal certified hand washes, and it leaves your hands clean and refreshed because it does not contain any harsh skin irritants. The rich but gentle formula is ready to use, and every component of the product is readily biodegradable and has very low aquatic toxicity. Perfect for any application, this hand soap is better for the environment than conventional hand washes.
To learn more about Betco’s Green Earth Lotion Skin Cleanser and other Green Seal certified products in Danville IL, contact the team at Danville Paper and Supply today at 800-821-2389!