Germs and viruses are threats throughout the year, but the risk of influenza, the common cold and norovirus is particularly high during the winter months – and they will be here before you know it. These germs can do more than just give you a fever and the sniffles; they can also have a serious effect on your business. Each year, businesses lose nearly $7 billion in sick days and lost productivity, and more than 110 million workdays are lost due to the flu virus alone.
To keep your employees and facility healthy throughout cold and flu season, follow these tips:
– Teach your janitorial team the difference between cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting. Basic cleaning can remove germs, soil and debris, but it doesn’t always kill viruses and bacteria. Sanitizing cuts down the number of germs to safe levels, but the only way to kill them completely is to disinfect.
– Disinfect high-touch surfaces every day, including keyboards, phones, faucets, desks, countertops, doorknobs and elevator buttons. Viruses can live for hours on these surfaces, so multiple cleanings may be required each day to keep your facility healthy. Don’t forget that viruses and germs can thrive on hard floors as well!
For bathroom cleaning, stock up on Betco AF79 Acid Free Bathroom Cleaner. This Ready-To-Use, acid free restroom cleaner is an excellent multi-purpose germicidal detergent that disinfects, cleans, and deodorizes in one easy step. This product offers excellent cleaning performance on a wide variety of restroom environmental surfaces. Providing outstanding value and economy and it’s floral fresh fragrance is long lasting for superior odor control that says fresh and clean!
– Use convenient disinfecting wipes to make cleaning these surfaces fast and easy.
– Use EPA- registered disinfectants on soft surfaces like carpets, couches and curtains, too. Viruses can live on soft surfaces for up to 12 hours, and overlooking these objects can mean the difference between lost workdays and a healthy staff.
– Place antibacterial hand sanitizer in common areas of your facility and encourage your team to wash their hands frequently to prevent the spread of germs.
We provide all the cleaning supplies you need in Danville to follow these tips and keep your facility healthier this cold and flu season. Contact our team today to learn more!