You probably already do a bit of “spring cleaning” around your facility this time of year, but your floor cleaning equipment also needs a bit of sprucing up as the seasons change. Your vacuum cleaner in Danville, Illinois, needs regular seasonal maintenance to keep it in tip-top shape. Follow these tips to maintain your vacuum and get the most out of it this spring cleaning season.
Vacuum Maintenance Tips for Spring
- Improve the efficiency of your equipment by changing the filter bag when it becomes half-full.
- To ensure your vacuum runs safely and at peak performance, take a good look at the plugs and cords. If you spot any damages, bring it into our service department immediately.
- Remove the brush roll, inspect it and give it a good cleaning to remove lint, hair and other debris. If you notice signs of wear, replace the roll to keep your vacuum running at its best.
- Use a damp rag to wipe down the outer casing. This will make your equipment look professional and stop contaminants and dust from becoming airborne.
- Lubricate the bearings of the brush roll if it is not spinning freely.
- Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for replacing or cleaning filters.
- A vacuum belt typically lasts about six months when used for commercial cleaning. Inspect yours for signs of wear, and if it is no longer taut, order a replacement.
- After removing the brush roll, look for worn spots, unevenness or cracks on the vacuum cleaner’s interior casing. If you see damages, repair them before they cause future problems.
To keep your vacuum cleaner at peak performance during your spring cleaning, have it checked by a reputable service department every year to stop small issues from turning into big problems. Our cleaning equipment service department is staffed by experts in repairing vacuum cleaners in Danville, Illinois, so give us a call today at 800-821-2389 to inspect yours!